Welcome to django-versatileimagefield’s documentation!¶
A drop-in replacement for django’s
ImageField that provides a flexible, intuitive and easily-extensible interface for creating new images from the one assigned to the field.
Click here for a quick overview of what it is, how it works and whether or not it’s the right fit for your project.
Table of Contents¶
- Model Integration
- Specifying a Primary Point of Interest (PPOI)
- Using Sizers and Filters
- Writing Custom Sizers and Filters
- Django REST Framework Integration
- Improving Performance
- Addressed Django 1.9 deprecation warnings (
VersatileImageFieldformfield to be overriden via
- Removed clear checkbox from widgets on required fields.
- Added support for Django 1.8.
- Numerous documentation edits/improvements.
- Squashed a bug that was throwing an
AttributeErrorwhen uploading new images.
- Squashed a bug that raised a
ValueErrorin the admin when editing a model instance with a
- Admin ‘click’ widget now works in Firefox.
django-versatileimagefieldis now available for installation via wheel.
- Squashed a bug that was causing the admin ‘click’ widget to intermittently fail
- Simplified requirements installation (which makes django-versatileimagefield installable by
editable=Falseby default to address a bug that consistently raised
ValidationErrorin ModelForms and the admin
- Squashed a bug that prevented
PPOIFieldfrom serializing correctly
- Squashed an installation bug with
- Added Python 3.3 & 3.4 compatibility
- Improved cropping with extreme PPOI values
- Squashed a pip installation bug.
- Ensuring admin widget-dependent thumbnail images are created even if
VERSATILEIMAGEFIELD_SETTINGS['create_on_demand']is set to
CroppedImagebug that was causing black stripes to appear on crops of images with PPOI values that were to the right and/or bottom of center (greater-than 0.5).
- Overhauled how
CroppedImageprocesses PPOI value when creating cropped images. This new approach yields significantly more accurate results than using the previously utilized
ImageOps.fitfunction, especially when dealing with PPOI values located near the edges of an image or aspect ratios that differ significantly from the original image.
- Improved PPOI validation
- Squashed unset
cropSizer default resample to PIL.Image.ANTIALIAS
- Added support for auto-rotation during pre-processing as dictated by ‘Orientation’ EXIF data, if available.
- Added release notes to docs
- Converted giant README into Sphinx-friendly RST
- Docs added to readthedocs
- Initial open source release